Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Smart Technologies PD

I have been spending some time with the Smart Technologies training staff.  No I didn't jet off to a sunny destination to spend a few days in a hotel doing some training.  I have found a lot of resources on the www.smarttech.com training link.  Here are the two minute video lessons, short sweet lessons on specific tasks.  A great way to add to the skill set.  

Smart Technologies also run a training room on their Brigit server (Smartboard sharing application across the Internet).  This software has the ability to do voice but you are directed to call a 1 -866 number to join your training session.  The sessions are about 30 minutes long and tend to be basic, but I have learned something in every session.   

The Education link on the web site takes you to a sub-site dedicated specifically to education.  There is a variety of training services here as well.  I have taken the training and been certified as a Peer to Peer  trainer.  This allows me to train other teachers on the Smart Notebook software.  So far I have modified the presentation and delivered two session at my school to teachers in our district.  My plans are to do more of the free training sessions, and eventually do the Masters Training.   

No comments: